Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Advice to Future 304 Students

English 304 has been a very worth while class, and taking the class with Angela Rogers has been great. It seems that this class is very applicable to the "real world," and I feel that I will take away a lot of knowledge that will help me in the future.

There are just a few things that you should be aware of before you begin the class. It is extremely important that you come to class to get the daily points that Ms. Rogers offers. Another thing is make sure you ask questions if you are confused about something. She is always willing to help you and usually can answer any question that you might have. In regards to the assignments, make sure that you follow the given instructions. Don't try to be overly creative; business writing is about getting your point across in a clear, concise manner. If you pay attention in class, stay up-to-date on the "TO DO" list, and communicate well you should be fine.

The last bit of advice I have is for the client-based project. Make sure that you find a group of people that you relate to and can work well with. My group was able to do a lot of communicating through e-mail, and we found times that worked for everyone to meet. The project was much more enjoyable because of the people that I worked with.

I hope that you find this advice helpful, and good luck this term!

No comments: