Sunday, March 30, 2008

Free Write - Spring Practice

It doesn't really feel like I am half way through with "Spring Practice 2008." We finished the eighth of 15 practices on Saturday, and I am already counting down the days until I finally get a break. It has been a long year full of football and school and the end of spring practice is the culmination of it all.

Spring practice is broken up differently this year than it was last year. Instead of having two weeks of practice, spring break, and then two more weeks of practice we had one week of practice, spring break, and then finish with three weeks of practice. The first week of practice wasn't that hard because we had something to look forward to. Spring break was merely a tease of what freedom felt like and now it is back to work. It does feel good to be half way done, but the next two weeks are going to drag on. It also doesn't help that teachers are piling on work as the semester nears an end.

The next two weeks are going to be a challenge. I am going to have to follow a strict schedule to make sure that I get everything done. The good thing is the finish line is in sight. A month of relaxation and laziness is drawing nearer, and I know now that I can make it!

No comments: