Sunday, March 9, 2008

Response to Presentations

I really enjoyed the presentations that took place in class. It was interesting to see what types of interests different people had, and it was easy to tell what people felt comfortable talking about in front of the class. When I found out about the presentation, I knew that the easiest topic to talk about would be football because I am involved with it so much. Other people talked about hobbies and interests that consume their lives, and it is safe to say that the class is very diversified.

I enjoyed all of the presentations. Etta's presentation on slang terms was fun because it involved the entire class and made people laugh. Leigh did a great job of getting the class involved in the presentation by having us perform tests to determine dominance in our bodies. My favorite presentation, however, was Matthew's presentation about music. It was short and sweet but accomplished everything that a presentation of this sort requires. The title, "Had a bad day?," grabbed me right from the start. I did not know exactly what the presentation was about, but it had me hooked. The statistics given were relevant, and the information in general was right on target. Giving away a CD at the end of the presentation was a great way to get people to remember what he had talked about, and it definitely was in the back of my mind when I began thinking back on the presentations.

The presentations were quite a success in my opinion. Once again, we performed a task that might be part of our daily lives in the near future. It is great to have practice before you have to do something for real, and it is nice to have a little fun while you are doing it.

No comments: